Recent content by Steiny77

  1. S

    Spot Sharing

    One area where we fish a lot is a whole bunch of little strip mine pits. Every time you show up at the cleaning shack with a nice mess of fish strangers nearly always want to know where you caught them. My standard answer is Pike Lake and far as I know there isn't a Pike lake anywhere near...
  2. S

    Newest Addition to the Quarterbore Stable

    Nice rifle ! I picked up an old 99 in .300 Savage last winter.
  3. S

    Spot Sharing

    I run trail cams in a couple states, on multiple farms and often share pics of big bucks with friends. First thing that comes out of a lot of folks mouth is ..... Where's that picture at? Why does everyone wants to know where? Have gotten to the point where I simply ignore the question and...
  4. S

    When did you know a hunting partner wasn’t going to last? I’ll go first…

    This scenario and similar things play out on a routine basis every day in farm country, I see something similar going on right now with a close friends family. You say you got screwed, but in reality it was his ground to do with what he wanted. Lesson learned - If you don't hold the title...
  5. S

    Small property Whitetail

    I'd stay out of there till at least Halloween, then start hunting him pretty hard when his guard is down a bit during the rut. Use the wind to keep your scent away from him. He will probably have a couple big active scrapes to keep an eye on. Don't overhunt the place using same stand and...
  6. S

    FS: Coolest Rocky Mountain Elk foundation shirt ever!

    Is it pride week?
  7. S

    When did you know a hunting partner wasn’t going to last? I’ll go first…

    Had a few different experiences that ended hunting with particular individuals, mostly when I was younger. Had a permission property I used to run my hounds and rabbit hunt, took a buddy with me. Then hear through the grapevine he considered that an open invitation to go there himself without...
  8. S

    Gear Room - Let’s see yours

    Just for the record .... Tupperware's aren't luggage. I've got a buddy that always throws a couple huge Tupperware totes in back of the truck for a hunting trip and they take up half or more of the bed space. Put your clothing in soft duffle bags and you can use the available space a lot more...
  9. S

    A couple that survived the fire

    Great photo !
  10. S

    Late monsoons, record El Nino...

    We've had a really weird growing season in IN this year. Long periods of drought, then a day or two of monsoons. Had no rain from first of June then 12" in three days in mid July. After that it went back to drought nearly 60 days and now we're getting hammered again, close to 5" since yesterday.
  11. S

    My latest project or Buddy’s next big adventure.

    I see a lot of these cargo trailer to camper conversions and the first thing that always comes to mind is ..... Why didn't you just buy a camper that was already set up with everything you need and ready to go? There are sh#tloads of used campers in every size range and price range available for...
  12. S

    Manufactured Outrage

    I'm outraged just reading this thread :mad:
  13. S

    12 years old and first hound hunt.

    Good luck !
  14. S

    Suvie?

    I like the thought, but check the fine print :cool:
  15. S

    What weapon should I buy...

    Nice thing about the crossbow is they throw in a complimentary skirt to hunt in :p
Back
Top