I think with the mild winters in that area, my wife and I will be good. The cool, wet weather I am familiar with, visiting my son near Portland.
The hunting and fishing part of living there has me really excited. My wife loves to ski so she's happy about that.
The Willamette Valley is the area...
We have been hammering the redfish the past few weeks in the marsh. They are staging up to run into the gulf to spawn. You have to fish early or real late, cause it has been Africa hot during the day. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot. Hotter than a blistered pussy in a pepper patch.
On the...
I have a TC Black Mountain Magnum. It looks identical to your New Englander. The main difference is it has a faster twist barrel 1 in 28 vs your 1 in 48. It will also burn 150 grains of black powder. (Good luck hitting anything with that much powder though.) I'm always torn between using it or...
We will be going up there over the Christmas holidays. Not just to visit, but this will be a serious scouting for relocation. Thanks to you folks, we have some places to focus on. The valley that Salmon Chaser and Irrelevant have been describing really checks a lot of boxes. We will likely start...