Yeti GOBOX Collection

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

View attachment 326576Nothing but sows and cubs for me lately. Kinda cool to see one with triplets though, I don’t believe I’ve seen that in my area before.
Boy that top picture has some griz characteristics too it. Big hump and really chunky to be a blacky sow. I think griz tend to have triplets more than blacks. Not saying it is for sure but looks suspect to me

Totally agree. I’ve got some digiscoping footage that show her head a little better, and it’s more black bear shaped. Always a chance it was a dark griz, but I’m leaning black bear on this one.
Boy that top picture has some griz characteristics too it. Big hump and really chunky to be a blacky sow. I think griz tend to have triplets more than blacks. Not saying it is for sure but looks suspect to me

Attachments

• IMG_0061.png
    IMG_0061.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 20
Love seeing pics of bears. I think it would be helpful to say general location(approximately 15 miles east Afton wy or South east Wy) and elevation and any other useful information like skunk cabbage just starting to bloom.This thread could help over time have some useful info instead of 15 pages and like 3 bears. I check this thread everyday so don't get me wrong when I say that one of my favorite ones each year and a few of you who write up really good hunt stories with pics of the total hunt experience. I live vicariously through this thread because I can't find anyone from mid west to go out and hunt bears with me. If you aren't a serial killer contact me I can go 10 days starting this week Thursday at 5:30 from Columbus Ohio and all of memorial day week and next weekend.

Last edited:
IMG_0517.jpegIMG_0515.jpegIMG_0513.jpeg

Saw my first albino mule deer last night but no bear.

I just finished a week of bear hunting. We saw 25 bears. A couple blown stalks. Lots of hound hunters out. They like to tree and release. I’m all for equal opportunity for hunting but they sure were harassing the bears hard.

New to bear hunting this is my 3rd season (23 spr, 23 fall and 24 spr) in wyoming. Didn't see a single bear all of 2023. Seen 2 sow with twins and one small bear, I attempted a stalk and the wind turned on me. Only 4 days in on this year's spring hunt.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back