Burn boss indicted

Update on this situation, case dismissed.

The case was moved to US District Court for Oregon where the charges were dismissed by the US Magistrate without objection from the State prosecutor.

And a statement from the sheriff:
Statement issued by Grant County Sheriff Todd McKinley

Regarding the recent dismissal in Federal Court of the arrest of the Burn Boss at the Starr 6 uncontrolled burn in Grant County Oregon on October 19th 2022, I have the following to say:

The United States Federal Government chose to use the “Supremacy Clause” as their basis for the request of dismissal.

My interpretation of the use of this clause is such, that the State Law was sufficient for the charges, and the only way to circumvent this was to appeal to the Federal Court.

I am saddened that our own Government, which was established, “of the People, by the People, for the People”, would [choose] to not “do the right thing” and make the damaged party whole, for fear of assuming responsibility for their actions.

The hope out of all of this, is in the future, that more care will be taken, guidelines followed, and the United States Forest Service will heed their own motto: “Caring for the Land and Serving People”.

Todd McKinley

Sheriff
My hope out of all this is that McKinley loses his job for being a clown.

Update on this situation, case dismissed.

The case was moved to US District Court for Oregon where the charges were dismissed by the US Magistrate without objection from the State prosecutor.

And a statement from the sheriff:
Statement issued by Grant County Sheriff Todd McKinley

Regarding the recent dismissal in Federal Court of the arrest of the Burn Boss at the Starr 6 uncontrolled burn in Grant County Oregon on October 19th 2022, I have the following to say:

The United States Federal Government chose to use the “Supremacy Clause” as their basis for the request of dismissal.

My interpretation of the use of this clause is such, that the State Law was sufficient for the charges, and the only way to circumvent this was to appeal to the Federal Court.

I am saddened that our own Government, which was established, “of the People, by the People, for the People”, would [choose] to not “do the right thing” and make the damaged party whole, for fear of assuming responsibility for their actions.

The hope out of all of this, is in the future, that more care will be taken, guidelines followed, and the United States Forest Service will heed their own motto: “Caring for the Land and Serving People”.

Todd McKinley

Sheriff
🤡

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoosier50
Back