Caribou Gear Tarp

2024 Nevada Draw Results

My email from NDOW was a little different this time.

"NR Silver State Nelson (Desert) Bighorn Sheep Result: Successful"

When selecting the silver state options I am fine making the donation every year. Never did I dream I would get the tag.
I'm not sure it's fully set in that I'll be sheep hunting this summer. Season opens July 1st and most guides estimate I would have a sheep on the ground from between mid July and mid August.

There are 3 tags total, 2 auction and mine. I'm excited to see the 3 rams that these tags go on.

If anyone has hunted NV for sheep please share your stories and guides you've used. I've talked to just about all of the guides at this point and am narrowing down my choices. It's a little different when the guide is just foaming at the mouth to help with this hunt because they love sheep so much and would love to be looking for one during the rut. I'm sure its going to be an interesting summer.

I'll do my best to have a full write up of the experience.
That's a true OIL experience. Hope you make the most of it! Did you decide on a guide yet?

When selecting the silver state options I am fine making the donation every year. Never did I dream I would get the tag.
I'm not sure it's fully set in that I'll be sheep hunting this summer. Season opens July 1st and most guides estimate I would have a sheep on the ground from between mid July and mid August.

There are 3 tags total, 2 auction and mine. I'm excited to see the 3 rams that these tags go on.

If anyone has hunted NV for sheep please share your stories and guides you've used. I've talked to just about all of the guides at this point and am narrowing down my choices. It's a little different when the guide is just foaming at the mouth to help with this hunt because they love sheep so much and would love to be looking for one during the rut. I'm sure its going to be an interesting summer.

That's the best tag of the year so far on this site.
Congrats.

IMG_9208.JPG

Kidding aside, that's awesome. Congrats! Hope you share the experience here.

awesome!!! Congrats and hope you do write it all up with photos.

Thanks Fellas. I've narrowed down my choice to a couple of guides. It's a bit of a different game, everyone knows who is guiding the big money auction tags so I either decide to go with one of them and I get any sheep that person passes on or I hire someone and we compete with the big money on a much smaller budget! lol.

These guys drop $140-$175K on the tag and then its nothing for them to pay $20-$50k on scouting.

I will be excited for A ram, and all of the guides want to smash a giant. Odds are the ram will be over 170" based on history. I'm along for the ride and want to learn as much as I can about sheep. Hopefully my wife and 6 year old can join us on the hunt but the temps can be 115!

Thanks Fellas. I've narrowed down my choice to a couple of guides. It's a bit of a different game, everyone knows who is guiding the big money auction tags so I either decide to go with one of them and I get any sheep that person passes on or I hire someone and we compete with the big money on a much smaller budget! lol.

These guys drop $140-$175K on the tag and then its nothing for them to pay $20-$50k on scouting.

I will be excited for A ram, and all of the guides want to smash a giant. Odds are the ram will be over 170" based on history. I'm along for the ride and want to learn as much as I can about sheep. Hopefully my wife and 6 year old can join us on the hunt but the temps can be 115!
Can you just go hunt a ram? I think that’s what I would do. I had a buddy whose dad drew a super tag for elk. He decided to go smash a cow in October all by himself. After accomplishing the deed, he said that was a “super” hunt just like the tag said. Minds were blown

Can you just go hunt a ram? I think that’s what I would do. I had a buddy whose dad drew a super tag for elk. He decided to go smash a cow in October all by himself. After accomplishing the deed, he said that was a “super” hunt just like the tag said. Minds were blown
I can hunt any ram in the state between July 1 & Dec 31.

Anyone that gets the tag has all the options.

I'm going to hire a guide that knows something about sheep to make the most out of this OIL opportunity.

I'm going to hire a guide that knows something about sheep to make the most out of this OIL opportunity.
Gotta do what you think is best...hope to have the same sort of decision to make some day.

Yup I get it. That’s a multi-lifetime draw. Soak it up. It’s the experience that’s priceless. Congrats! Hopefully you will share so a peasant like me that can’t draw anything less than about 95% odds can follow along

Yup I get it. That’s a multi-lifetime draw. Soak it up. It’s the experience that’s priceless. Congrats! Hopefully you will share so a peasant like me that can’t draw anything less than about 95% odds can follow along
I will share the whole process. Hopefully others can feel like they are along for the ride.
Something like this I hope to share with as many people as possible.

I've got several buddies that are interested in flying out with me just to share in the experience!

I will share the whole process. Hopefully others can feel like they are along for the ride.
Something like this I hope to share with as many people as possible.

I've got several buddies that are interested in flying out with me just to share in the experience!
I will subscribe to your thread when you start one. Should be a fun ride!

Back