NEW SITKA Ambient 75

New AR Build Caliber

Which caliber for a new AR Build to hunt and punch paper?

• 223 Wylde

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • 22 Nosler

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • 6mm ARC

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • 6.8 SPC

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 300 HAM'R

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a 6.8 and I love it. No recoil and uses 110-120g bullets and is coyote and whitetail medicine. Good out to 300 yds or so. Good luck.

blacksheep

I have a 6.8 and I love it. No recoil and uses 110-120g bullets and is coyote and whitetail medicine. Good out to 300 yds or so. Good luck.

blacksheep
I have amassed enough parts for another build. That may be my next. Just the upper as I am building a good rifle lower and just don't need to build another.

When I got bored during covid I built four. Out of those the 22 Nosler is cool but my dedicated 22 Long Rifle is my favorite. Ten year old grandson loves it.

I went 223 wylde because chasing brass sucks and I don’t like a brass catcher hanging off the side so it’s the cheapest one to just have fun shooting with. Black hills 77gr TMK and go hunting.

I went with a 22 Nosler because I want one, no other real reason.

Been that route. Nosler brass is way to soft for the 22 nosler. You don’t get much more than a 223.

Edited to add I just realized how old this thread is and I have actually commented earlier this year on it. 😂

I helped a friend put together a 6.8 SPC last year and it’s a shooter. It was easy to find parts and not much tweaking to make it shoot great.
My LWRC M6A2 in 6.8SPC is wonderful as well. 1" groups or better, near zero recoil, with Barnes TSX's a killing machine... do recommend :)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back