PEAX Equipment

Montana 700-21 Elk archery for me

Hey guys, I drew this tag. Trying to see if anyone has hunted it before. Going to try to hunt as much blm as I can. If I have to I’ll knock on doors etc. took me 6 points to draw. I’ll share any Colorado, Wyoming, Kentucky info I have with ya. Thanks so much!
I’ve never hunted it personally but I know several guys that pulled the plug on that unit and went for greener pastures. You don’t know until you go and then you will.

Open country. Tough hunting. Good luck. I dont give unit specific advice on threads - but you can PM me. As long as your an RMEF member ;)

Use the search function and delete the thread.

Never put the district writing
In all fairness the owner of the site likes to do this. Cant expect others not to.

Use the search function and delete the thread.

Never put the district writing
Is that a rule - or just a common gentlemans agreement?

Almost be better if it was a stated rule in the agrerement to join

Is that a rule - or just a common gentlemans agreement?

Almost be better if it was a stated rule in the agrerement to join

Folks are way too into trying to control the uncontrollable. People will always name units, not everyone but enough will.

See no real or controllable harm in listing a unit drawn. Certainly makes sense to ask for DMs with helpful insights, and/or for guys to use Dms with helpful insights instead of posting “drainage X” publicly. But saying I drew unit X ain’t the wrecking ball it is made out to be. In my opinion anyway.

If these forums are NOT for networking with other hunters then they lose a lot of value and utility.

I feel great about the help I have given and received via DM on various forums/websites that would have been impossible if units were not posted somewhere.

Literally half or more of my best friends I keep up with and hunt with I met this way.

If we are going to ban using district numbers which I am 100% in support of, than there is a series of YouTube videos that also need to get the axe. It’s common sense.
In all fairness he does not and yes you can expect others to use common sense.

Maybe there is a reason nonresident harvest has started to exceeded resident harvest. @BlakeA

I’ve watched a couple episodes. None were deer, in Montana. To go at the OP for this makes me chuckle. Should he have searched first, yes? Is him starting this thread gonna ruin elk this district, no.

To the OP, I have no info on this district. Hopefully someone can help ya out in DMs.

I’ve watched a couple episodes. None were deer, in Montana. To go at the OP for this makes me chuckle. Should he have searched first, yes? Is him starting this thread gonna ruin elk this district, no.

To the OP, I have no info on this district. Hopefully someone can help ya out in DMs.
I kept my word. Got a couple texts today, sent some info and a dozen photos and haven’t heard back.

I kept my word. Got a couple texts today, sent some info and a dozen photos and haven’t heard back.
You’re one guy on here that I have never met, but feel you’re a true good human to the core. Hopefully he hasn’t had time to respond. If he doesn’t, I guess we have our answer. But deleting this thread will not save the 700-21 elk.

You’re one guy on here that I have never met, but feel you’re a true good human to the core. Hopefully he hasn’t had time to respond. If he doesn’t, I guess we have our answer. But deleting this thread will not save the 700-21 elk.
Yeah, I realized after 5 minutes my comment came across much more as a dick instead of the tongue in cheek approach it was supposed to.

If not I’ll have to find him out there. Only have 800 bow hunters to sift through!

Yeah, I realized after 5 minutes my comment came across much more as a dick instead of the tongue in cheek approach it was supposed to.
I actually didn’t think it was bad at all. I’ll be on the opposite side of the river. I have archery and bro in law has rifle. Good luck to you!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back