Ebonizing Walnut

On a mildly related note, we are having our oiled oak floors refinished (without sanding). The product is a UV catalyzed polysomething that is hard as nails and can be had in Flat, Matt, Satin, Semigloss, and Gloss finish. I don't know if I will like it, but it strikes me as having a modern gun application.

On a mildly related note, we are having our oiled oak floors refinished (without sanding). The product is a UV catalyzed polysomething that is hard as nails and can be had in Flat, Matt, Satin, Semigloss, and Gloss finish. I don't know if I will like it, but it strikes me as having a modern gun application.
I’ve seen some of those UV finishes. I’ve thought the same. Let me know how it come out. I may have to look into that for the future

I've looked into the UV catalyzed stuff, as well as ceramic topcoat. I think both merit some expirementation. Curing lights are extremely expensive but sunlight is still free for now.

I've looked into the UV catalyzed stuff, as well as ceramic topcoat. I think both merit some expirementation. Curing lights are extremely expensive but sunlight is still free for now.
I’m pretty interested in the N3 nano ceramic topcoat but it’s so darn pricey. I’ve seen raving reviews though

Last edited:
I've been following with great interest! Thanks for the ideas. I have some 45% vinegar. I'm thinking it may speed up the solution process?
you may run into an issue with too much acid for the solution. I think I posted a link to a study done on the ebonizing process. It has all you need to know about it.

I must be blind. I don't see it. I went back over the thread. How about a hint as to what page please?
Whoops. Apparently I never did. Here it is:

Whoops. Apparently I never did. Here it is:

Thanks, the older I get the worse my reading comprehension gets. I thought maybe I went down another step,,,,

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back