Yeti GOBOX Collection

Corner Crossing latest

Doubtful, in no state is there a prohibition about floating a river to fish, there is no "exclusivity" in access. The only thing that would change would be a few people wading the river up to the ordinary high water mark (maybe).

Its possible it could bump land values, but it wouldn't be significant, exactly why the prices along streams/rivers in Montana didn't decline a red cent when stream access passed.

Its perception, but not reality. A nice talking point to try to "prove" how horrific public access is. A good talking point for real estate agents who perceive they might lose a nickel on a land sale. Reality proved those fears are unfounded and truly as dumb as they sound.

It's going to be the exact same scenario when corner crossing is legal. Really, how much more traffic is a several thousand acre ranch going to experience, to the point that it devalue's the property? I would say none.
I would say, ya just never know what could happen, right? Some properties will be affected and others won't. Here in Floirda, we are going through a similar uproar over people in the panhandle (Destin, FL) that now have "private beaches". You can thank that bum Huckabee for starting the problem (turning public beaches into private beaches). Then he sold his house at a huge profit and moved the hell away. POS. There's a recent video in Youtube about this. You all need to watch it. KEEP YOUR MIND OPEN. There are some similarities to the Wyoming case in some sense. Property law is definitely a clusterfuck. Riparian law is an even bigger one. I have a top real estate attorney in Boca Raton that has pointed that out. He has a ton more experience than I. The young attorney from Ohio that argued the case for the Missouri hunters came to the case with a clean slate. Without any baggage. He didn't know a damn thing about Wyoming corner crossing. I believe he was a criminal attorney, if I'm not mistaken.

No resumes please, LOLOL.

I think that what many are tired of is the agribusiness's sucking up what was supposed to keep the family farms and ranches afloat.

I have no grievance, and in fact, fully support keeping legacy ranches/farms in the family any way we can. That includes cheap taxes, subsidies, loan programs, etc. etc.

What I don't like is the agribusiness's gaming the system, which puts significant strain on the very people those programs are supposed to protect.

YMMV.
Agreed. Im with ya there 110%

Georgia idiotic aristocracy loves blocking public from fishing in a boat on streams.
There ya go. Read my post about Florida beaches going from solely public to private because of jackass Huckabee. Mr. great guy. Let me add this. The reasoning behind turning public beaches into private is that pubklic beaches can be filled with rifraff. 2 weeks ago we had a 16 yr old kid with a last name of Guzman selling marijuana on the beach. Gets into a fight and pulls out a 9mm to cap somebody's ass. Volusia Sheriff's was on him like a duck on a Junebug. Turns out he's got a long string of felonies. You all have a great thing with block management. The private landowner essentially is an extra enforcement mechanism for poaching and bad hunters. Yet, becasue it's private land, special interest groups can't force their political agenda's as easily like they can with public land. Just another thing to consider. Block management can more easily and quickly throw off the rifraff, and maybe keep them off. Food for thought.

Last edited:
All we are all saying is: There's more than one way to skin a cat. Not trying to criticize you. Just open your mind. There are no hard and fast rules in politics and the court system. When i posted this, I was trying to foster discussion. Sometimes, when you toss out an idea, it might seem ridiculous at first, but then when somebody else sees a slightly different angle to turn a skinch and really get at the meat of the problem, it becomes a genius idea. These "special landowners" have enjoyed public property without paying a dime for years and years. The public outnumbers them, so we are not helpless. Its too bad this country is gagging on favortism. I hate it. But if that's what it takes to open up millions of acres of public land, so be it. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Im a libertarian at heart. On the surface having more public land sounds wonderful. But look at what the special interests are doing with grizzly bear, wolf populations.

You could even say that the landlocked public land is actually say 50% in their control and should be included as if they own 50% more acreage. Or whatever %.
Not sure where you're coming from, but I think we are on different pages, maybe different books, regarding the corner crossing issues in Wyoming and Montana.
But good on you for public lands access advocating.

But if corner crossing were an option to access it, the question is whether it would decrease the price someone else would pay for it.

What you value about your land is not necessarily what value a potential buyer would value about it.

I don't disagree that perhaps small pieces like yours see some value inflation. What Freddie is claiming is that a several thousand acre ranch within the checkerboard is going to be devalued a significant amount because a handful of users a year HIKE a mile or two into public land while crossing a corner.

I don't buy that for a second...
In the big picture, It really doesn't matter, regardless of parcel size.
Public land is public land and does not belong to one individual.
I do see what you are saying though.

But if corner crossing were an option to access it, the question is whether it would decrease the price someone else would pay for it.

What you value about your land is not necessarily what value a potential buyer would value about it.

I don't disagree that perhaps small pieces like yours see some value inflation. What Freddie is claiming is that a several thousand acre ranch within the checkerboard is going to be devalued a significant amount because a handful of users a year HIKE a mile or two into public land while crossing a corner.

I don't buy that for a second...
I’m gonna lower my unsolicited bid on the N-Bar from a dollar to fiddy cent. That’ll show ‘em!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back