****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Saw a couple smaller bears early this evening then nothing for a bit. A sow finally came out with a boar and after thinking about it for a few minutes I decided he was the one.

After I shot, the sow ran away from me to my left then pulled a 180° and decided to head right at me, full tilt. She ran no more than 3 feet from me. Let me tell you, they look a lot bigger coming full speed towards you when you're sitting on the ground! I've been pretty close to curious bears before, but never like that, it was pretty awesome!

20240529_194713.jpg

Nothing too exciting for me to report. Sat many times for that big black but he always seems to outsmart me. I think I sat close to 20 times this spring for him and about 14 last spring. Even early in the year he was very patternable but he seemed to know when I was in stand. A bunch of bears left my bait almost a week ago now and I’m stuck with these two and another smaller one. Hopefully my other bait without a cell cam has something good on it. About one more week and if nothing has changed it’s fishing time

IMG_2257.jpeg

Back