Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Minnesota's Proposed "Assault Weapon" Bans (2024)

The Supreme Court ruled several years after Heller, (McDonald vs The City of Chicago), that the right to keep and bear arms was a "fundamental right", and extended beyond self-defense in one's home. There was several other cases afterwards that solidified it even more.

I'm not vying for criminals to have firearms, nor to allow people who aren't allowed to possess them. Straw purchases have been going on forever. We have no gun database in the U.S. (contrary to popular belief) unless the weapon was used in a crime. The only thing that tells the government that you have a firearm at all is on the 4473 form you filled out at the FFL. The FFL is required to retain that document indefinitely unless the ATF asks for it.

I pose a question to you. Where do the REGULATIONS end? If you give them an inch they'll take a mile. The legislators (primarily on the left) but some on the right could give a rats ass about violence in their respective states, especially when doesn't affect them directly. It's all about disarming people and taking the "scary" AR's and black guns away.
But NONE of those cases that I know of changed the original ruling in Heller that is the point you are glossing over here--that some restrictions are legal. The majority opinion in Mcdonald in fact took pains to mention that decision did not change what was said in Heller in that regard.....

Should have known and said legalize them for everyone. Of course not everyone can make it through or even abide by the extensive background check needed to get an ATF permit. Or find one that's pre 86 so they can possess it.
There was a time when I thought that every American upon graduating from high school should be handed whatever is the standard and current infantry man's rifle and a case of ammo, courtesy of USA.gov. But the last 8 years in particular have certainly changed my mind.

Worth noting, this thread has lasted longer than the legislative session that initiated the OP ;)
Yup! 🤔😛😁🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️👍

Now go check this one out. You might be interested. 🤔👍

Back