Caribou Gear Tarp

Jeep as a hunting/fishing/camping rig

Nice Jeep! Smart call going with a TJ at least you got coil overs for some ride comfort...I have a 90 YJ it's a lot fun but has the same suspension design
as a covered wagon...after a few days it wears on you.

Any recommendations for roof racks? We have a rubicon we want to get one for putting bags/gear or skis up there.

Rode in another Jeep that had one and the damn thing sounded like an aluminum barrel full of screws rattling around?

So I guess the question is, roof rack that doesn’t rattle recommends?
I got one by rough country. It fastens to the rain gutters and rear hinges. So far, so good. I didn’t want to spend the extra to get one that fastens to the roll cage. We’ve had a quartered elk and two deer with other gear on it no problem. Greatly exceeded the weight capacity with no problems.:ROFLMAO:

Love jeeps, but they take a certain dedication and type of person(Its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand). We have a 2015 JKU Rubicon lifted with a roof rack for my wife. I bought my jeep my junior year in high school. Its an 85 CJ7 and I have turned every single bolt on it... It is a great hunting machine... The this thread let me go back and look over the hunting adventure we have had... Here are a few.

My daughters first mule deer. Loaded it whole. Great buck, but it was just her and I that day so it was not horrible getting it in there and all our gear...
Daughters loaded.JPG
He had a great big body old wore teeth and was likely heading downhill..
Daughters first.JPG
My sons first WY mule deer buck. We had 3 of us hunting and it was a mile and half to the buck. So it was quartered and loaded... Luckily he is skinny and flexible as he has to sit in the back and ride...
1st WY buck.jpg
A good mature buck for the kidWill buck.jpg
We fit my wife's first archery elk into the back seat. The fold and tumble rear seat is great for stacking elk quarters. and again a young flexible kids can find a way to fit...
Wife Loaded.jpg
This was a really cool my wife had hunted archery for a bunch of years before it coming together... My son and I were with her and called the bull into 20 yards... Only went about 80 yards before tipping over. I killed an archery bull the year before less than 200 yards from this spot. We used my blazer for that hunt...
Wife on ground.jpg
Of course I have to have some action as well... My 2023 Rifle Bull. He was close to the jeep and as a result we did not cut off the feet. It was just me and the boy... Probably the easiest elk I have ever taken... But it fits in a jeep...loaded.jpg
Not a bad bull for a general tag and the fact it was only about 300 yards from a road..
23 bull.jpg
Needless to say we have been all over Colorado, Utah and WY in our jeeps. With the right planning and some creative stacking they can be great vehicles. It does take a certain type of person... Tools and the ability to wrench is a huge plus...

Back