Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

I guess Helena wants to build a arena for concerts and crap, raise property taxes again within Lewis and Clark County to help pay for it. It's unfortunately not just bozeman, billings anymore.

Last edited:
I remember. And kind if miss it. mtmuley
Sounds like Kalispell. I was station in Lakeside 1970-1973 when I got discharged. Kalispell was really neat back then, nobody looked down their nose at you for much of anything. Bad thing going around was land on the North shore of Flathead lake were being bought up by part time visitors, out of state's. Was getting hard to find a place to fish off the bank! Well about 15 yrs ago I took my mother up to visit my sister in Kalispell. What a nightmare! It had turned into a hippie getto! Went to eat lunch at a local resturant and the waitress wanted to know if I wanted veggie burger rather than meat, they didn't have meat. Used to be when you went down town from the south you'd go around the city hall and through a big gap of dirt that was at one time a road, it's gone, replaced by a road. Completely ruined all desire to go back to Montana.

Also try to avoid it if needed. Living in Helena makes that easy but at times we do have to go to either Bozeangles or Missoula. Usually try to make a plan to get in and out!
Oh bot Missoula, theres another story. After getting discharged I went to Missoula and drove for Mountain Pacific Trucking, on the north side of the city. Back then Missoula was a little po-dunk town that for a city was a nice place. Went through there with my Mom and it's turning into a baby New York city! Going back was a nightmare!

Back